The Robert Reich School of Landscape Architecture offers professional degree programs leading to the Master of Landscape Architecture for both students with and without pre-professional degrees. Applicants with undergraduate qualifications in any discipline will be considered for the three-year Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA 1) program. Applicants with an accredited degree in landscape architecture or architecture or with advanced standing may be admitted to the two-year Master of Landscape Architecture (MLA 2 or MLA AP) program following approval by the graduate coordinator.
Students are admitted only in the fall semester.
LSU Graduate School Application Process
Applicants for graduate studies must first submit an application to the LSU Graduate School at gradapply.lsu.edu. The Graduate School website includes an online application form and instructions for paying application fees and submitting transcripts and test scores. Applicants for the MLA program are admitted only in the fall semester. The deadline for applications is January 16. Note this deadline is earlier than the deadline for the LSU Graduate School.
Required application materials for the LSU Graduate School include:
- Transcripts from all universities attended or attending and from which you have received degrees
- GRE scores
- TOEFL scores, if applicable
- Application form (submit online) and application fees
- Financial aid application (submit online)
- Statement of purpose (submit online) addressing such matters as areas of interest, your plans for development, and possible thesis topics
- Three letters of reference addressing your capacity to succeed in a rigorous, studio-oriented design curriculum; letters should be brief and reflect the writer’s specific experience with regard to your capacity for graduate school (online)
- Resume (up to two pages) of academic and work experiences (submit online)
General questions about application procedures should be addressed to the LSU Graduate School.
Note: All official transcripts and test scores must be submitted directly to the LSU Graduate School.
LSU Robert Reich School of Landscape Architecture Application Process
The deadline for applications is January 16. Note this deadline is earlier than the deadline for the LSU Graduate School. Required application materials for the LSU Robert Reich School of Landscape Architecture include:
- Portfolio of creative work (a single digital PDF file, up to 24 pages; maximum size 8 1/2″ x 11″) including drawings, sketches, photography, past academic/professional design work. A portfolio is required of students with design degrees; highly recommended for others, international (submit online) *Note: students are strongly advised to include their “graduation project” in their portfolio of work.
- Video essay (three minute) that further states your motivation and reflects your creative interest in the field of landscape architecture (submit online)
- General questions about application procedures should be addressed to the LSU Graduate School. Specific questions about the landscape architecture program should be directed to the graduate coordinator.
Financial Aid + Scholarships
The LSU Robert Reich School of Landscape Architecture has a limited number of graduate assistantships available. Students should be prepared to cover their tuition for the entirety of the program should they not receive assistantships.
The LSU Robert Reich School of Landscape Architecture offer financial aid and scholarships to qualifying current students. Visit LSU Financial Aid & Scholarships for more information about opportunities through the university.