Students are admitted only for the fall semester.
For general application information and procedures, go to the Graduate School’s web page; follow general instructions for application to the Graduate School. Some materials will be sent to the Graduate School, and some will be sent directly to the School of Landscape Architecture:
The Graduate School
• college transcripts, test scores, application forms and fees are sent to the Graduate School;
• if interested in being considered for financial aid, apply for aid through the Graduate School;
• general questions about application procedures should be directed to the Graduate School; specific questions about the landscape architecture program should be directed to the landscape architecture school’s graduate coordinator, Austin Allen (email@example.com).
The School of Landscape Architecture
• portfolio of creative work (hard copy and PDF file; up to 24 pages; maximum size 8 1/2” x 11”) including drawings, sketches, photography, past academic/professional design work; portfolio required of students with design degrees; highly recommended for others;
• video essay (three minutes) that further states your motivation and reflects your creative interest in the field of landscape architecture;
• (digital portfolio and video essay should be placed on one jump drive)
• statement of interest (one page maximum) that discusses your motivation for application;
• letters of reference – three – addressing your capacity to succeed in a rigorous studio-oriented design curriculum; letters should be brief and reflect the writer’s specific experience with regard to your capacity for graduate school;
• resume (up to two pages) of academic and work experiences;
• test scores and college transcripts (not required to send to RRSLA, but required for the graduate school);
• international applicants, for further information, please click on the link below:
• Deadline is January 17 for receipt of materials to the landscape architecture program; this is earlier than for Graduate School. You may submit materials online as well as the above requirements.
Landscape materials should be addressed as follows:
Graduate Coordinator, Landscape Architecture Program
Robert Reich School of Landscape Architecture
302 Design Building, Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
We begin our review of applicants in February and will send preliminary notifications to those selected in order to fill available places as soon as possible.