As the first program of its kind in the nation, LSU Communication across the Curriculum (CxC) is a university-wide academic excellence program that works to improve the written, spoken, visual, and technological communication skills of undergraduates while deepening students’ understanding of discipline-specific course content. Students who enroll in the program and excel in multimodal communication and web portfolio development are honored by the LSU Distinguished Communicator Certification, which is indicated on the students’ permanent transcripts as well as acknowledged with a medal during commencement.
One of four communication studios on the LSU campus, the CxC Art + Design Studio exists as a resource for art and design students, where faculty, student mentors, and CxC staff train, guide, employ, and recognize students who demonstrate exceptional communication skills. Visit the Communication across the Curriculum website for more information.
Student and faculty resources at the CxC Art + Design Studio include:
- Writing review and feedback consultations, primarily for art and design related proposals, statements, research papers, professional documents, and class projects
- Color 3D scanning and 3D printing of objects for art and design projects
- Digital documentation area containing scanners, studio lighting, and digital photography equipment to capture portfolio imagery
- Assistance with creating visual documents, presentations, and web portfolio development
- Student and faculty video, photography, and visual media equipment available for check-out (see inventory checklist and permission forms below)
- Conference table and HD display for project work, preparation, small group meetings, and presentation rehearsals
- Open-access PC workstations available for individual or group web design, graphic design, CAD, and 3D design (Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, VIZ) and one advanced workstation for 3D modeling and rendering (3ds Max, Netfabb Professional, Rhino, and ZBrush)
- Course enhancement support for faculty
Helpful links for students and faculty:
- Studio Inventory Check-out List
- Poster/Large Format Printing in Middleton Library
- College of Art & Design 3D Asset Portal
- Foundation Portfolio Workshop Slides for School of Art
Location + Hours
104A Design Building
Coordinator: Josef Horáček
Monday through Thursday: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.