- This event has passed.
NIME15: New Interfaces for Musical Expression
May 28, 2015 - June 28, 2015
NIME15: New Interfaces for Musical Expression, co-curated by Derick Ostrenko, assistant professor of digital art at LSU, will be on display at the Glassell Gallery May 31—June 28, 2015, with an opening reception from 6–8 p.m. on May 31.
Featured pieces include:
- Musical Cubes by Gunnar Oledal and Michael Schade,
- XYZ by Ignacio Pecino,
- Conducting Studies by Marco Pinter and Ava Ansari,
- String Section by Shannon Novak,
- reversible reaction by Jason Charney,
- and more!
A week-long exhibition will be on view at the Foster Gallery, May 31–June 3, 2015, as well, featuring:
- Portal 1: A Rippling Space (anonymous artist), and
- The 3D Sound Object: Direct and Reflected Sound in Acoustic Spaces by Paul Geluso, Dafna Naphtali, Steve Roden, Stephen Vitiello, Margaret Schedel, and Suzanne Thorpe.
LSU is hosting NIME15, right here in Baton Rouge, May 31—June 3, 2015. NIME, New Interfaces for Musical Expression, is the premier conference in designing human-computer interfaces and interactions for musical performance. NIME gathers researchers and practitioners from around the world for lectures, installations, concerts, and workshops. Visit nime2015.lsu.edu for more information or to register for the conference.