As the first program of its kind in the nation, LSU Communication across the Curriculum (CxC) is a university-wide academic excellence program that works to improve the written, spoken, visual, and technological communication skills of undergraduates while deepening students’ understanding of discipline-specific course content. Students who enroll in the program and excel in multimodal communication and web portfolio development are honored by the LSU Distinguished Communicator Certification, which is indicated on the students’ permanent transcripts as well as acknowledged with a medal during commencement.
One of four communication studios on the LSU campus, the CxC Art + Design Studio exists as a resource for art and design students, where faculty, student mentors, and CxC staff train, guide, employ, and recognize students who demonstrate exceptional communication skills. Visit the Communication across the Curriculum website for more information.
Student and faculty resources at the CxC Art + Design Studio include:
- Writing review and feedback consultations, primarily for art and design related proposals, statements, research papers, professional documents, and class projects
- Digital documentation area containing scanners, studio lighting, and digital photography equipment to capture images for portfolios
- Assistance with creating visual documents, presentations, and web portfolios
- Audiovisual equipment available for checkout
- Conference table and HD display for project work, preparation, small group meetings, and presentation rehearsals
- Open-access PC workstations, including two 27″ Wacom tablets, available for individual or group web design, graphic design, CAD, and 3D modeling
- 3D scanning and 3D printing of objects for art and design projects
- Library and research support for art and design projects
- Free scantrons and Blue Books
- Course enhancement support for faculty
Helpful links for students and faculty:
Location + Hours
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.