LSU School of Interior Design faculty, alumni, and students received a total of 12 American Society of Interior Design (ASID) regional awards in 2013.
The South Central chapter of ASID recognized the student award winners at their annual Career Day, held at Mississippi College in February 2013. Four senior interior design students (all four graduated in May 2013) took home prizes for their designs.
- Logan Wheeler placed first in the CG rendering category.
- Madeline Drone, who is currently working at Gensler in Houston, received first prize in corporate design.
- Sarah Allee-Walsh, who is currently working at Massim Studio in Brooklyn, received second prize in corporate design.
- Katie Easley received an honorable mention in hospitality design.
Commercial awards were granted at the South Central ASID Annual Design Conference’s Excellence in Design Awards Gala at the Capital Hotel in Little Rock, Arkansas, on September 20, 2013. Eight awards were granted to LSU School of Interior Design faculty and alumni.
Matthew Edmonds and Tracy Burns—principals of Commercial Design Interiors and alumni and professionals in residence at the LSU School of Interior Design—received Excellence in Design Awards in three categories:
- Woman’s Hospital in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, received a gold Excellence in Design Award in the healthcare category.
- The Saints Operations Facility in Metairie, Louisiana, received a gold Excellence in Design Award in the institutional category.
- Rotolo’s Pizzeria in Denham Springs, Louisiana, received a bronze Excellence Design Award in the hospitality category.
LSU alumna Traci LaMoyne (Bachelor of Interior Design, 1982), principal of LaMoyne Design Associates, received three Excellence in Design Awards.
- The Fairwood Branch of the East Baton Rouge Parish Library received a gold Excellence in Design Award in the institutional category.
- LaMoyne received a silver Excellence in Design Award in the single space category for the renovation and addition to the Gonzales Branch of the Ascension Parish Library.
- The East Baton Rouge Parish EMS Headquarters Building received a gold Excellence in Design Award in the large corporate category.
Alumna Caitlin Lamothe (Bachelor of Interior Design, 2010) of Prevot Design Services received a gold Excellence in Design Award in the adaptive reuse category for the Geo T. Bishop Downtown Historic Building in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Alumna Kriste Rigby (Bachelor of Interior Design, 1987) received a silver Excellence in Design Award in the small corporate category for the Louisiana Sheriff’s Association in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Members of the South Central chapter of ASID nominate projects and interior designers in the region’s area for the various regional and chapter awards, and the winners are selected by the chapter’s board of directors. The South Central chapter of ASID encourages excellence by promoting professionalism, education, and communication among designers. Visit southcentralasid.org/news-events/2013awardsgalarecap for more information about the winning projects.
About the South Central American Society of Interior Designers
The South Central chapter of ASID includes members based in Arkansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana. ASID is the organization for professional interior designers and offers education, training, business support, and advocacy to more than 36,000 members. ASID is committed to leading research initiatives in the industry and provides networking opportunities and support on national and local levels through 48 chapters in the United States and Canada. Visit asid.org or southcentralasid.org for more information.
About LSU School of Interior Design
The LSU School of Interior Design program emphasizes creative problem solving, research and analysis, and graphic skills. Student activities are supported in the design studios, which form the core of the educational experience. Liberal arts, business, communication, and technical courses are required and complement the program’s strong emphasis on design. For more information, visit interiordesign.lsu.edu.
LSU College of Art + Design
102 Design Building
Baton Rouge, LA 70803