LSU Student Artwork Exhibition at the LSU System Administration Building
LSU School of Art student work is on display—and for sale–in the LSU System Administration Building, right outside President F. King Alexander’s office! The first of its kind, this exhibit was curated by MFA digital art candidate Jamie Kutner, who selected 37 works by 14 LSU artists, including current BFA and MFA students and recent alumni.
Plans for this exhibition have been under way since early 2014 and have come to fruition thanks to the guidance of LSU College of Art & Design Dean Alkis Tsolakis and Director of Development Julie LeFebvre and School of Art Director Rod Parker, as well the efforts of many LSU staff, especially Assistant Vice President Doreen Brasseaux; Kitty Pheney, director of new initiatives at the LSU School of Art; interior designer Charlyn O’Neill; and Robert Benton and his expert team in Facility Services.
“I chose work that highlights my colleagues’ diverse approaches to two-dimensional media,” said Kutner, who has taken on the role as curator of campus exhibitions as part of her graduate assistantship. “President Alexander has offered us a fantastic opportunity to showcase our work in the System Administration Building, and we are elated to contribute to the LSU community through this exhibition,” she added.
Artists represented in the exhibition include:
- Anna Aldridge, MFA 2015—Painting & Drawing
- Andrea Berg, MFA 2017—Painting & Drawing
- Eric Euler, MFA 2015—Printmaking
- James Kimura-Green, MFA 2015—Printmaking
- Jamie Kutner, MFA 2016—Digital Art
- Kelsey Livingston, MFA 2016—Painting & Drawing
- Molly E. Miller, MFA 2014—Printmaking
- Ian C. Minich, MFA 2016—Photography
- Chelsea Ramirez, MFA 2015—Painting & Drawing
- Tajreen Akter Shupti, MFA 2015—Painting & Drawing
- Bristie Joelle Smith, BFA 2014—Painting & Drawing
- Abigail Smithson, MFA 2017—Photography
- Sydney Szot, BFA—Painting & Drawing
- Jonathan Walker Wright, MFA 2016—Painting & Drawing
View more photos from the exhibition opening on Thursday, December 11, 2014, on Facebook. All artwork is available for purchase. Please download the price guide here and direct inquiries to Catherine Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.